Cross the Kintai Bridge, one of the three most famous bridges in Japan! Castle Town Iwakuni Walking Tour
- The view from a mountaintop castle, a museum of swords and armour, and some very popular sake!
- Iwakuni City is located in the easternmost part of Yamaguchi Prefecture, near the border with Hiroshima Prefecture, and is an area that still retains the nostalgic cityscape of a castle town.
On this tour, you will visit tourist attractions throughout the castle town, as well as experience Iwakuni's unique traditions and culture.
The highlight of the tour is, of course, the Kintai Bridge! The five-arch wooden bridge, also known as the “Miracle Bridge”, blends in beautifully with the gorgeous scenery of the castle town.
From the Kintai Bridge, you will be able to see Iwakuni Castle, which towers majestically over the mountains. From the castle's keep, you can delight in a spectacular view of the Seto Inland Sea’s islands.
There will also be many other experiences such as tasting the local cuisine and sake that can only be found in Iwakuni, and meeting cute and rare animals related to Iwakuni!
Enjoy walking around Iwakuni, where history, culture, tradition, and nature are in perfect harmony.
- Visit the Kintai Bridge, one of the three most famous bridges in Japan, and actually experience crossing it.
The highlight of the tour is the Kintai Bridge, a five-arch wooden bridge that offers a beautiful view of the Nishiki River and the castle town. The construction of the bridge was filled with the wishes of many people who wanted to build a bridge that would never be washed away. Our guide will carefully explain to you the story behind the Kintai Bridge.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Seto Inland Sea from the castle tower of Iwakuni Castle.
The tour will take you on a ropeway to Iwakuni Castle, which stands tall on a mountaintop. From the castle tower you can see the Seto Inland Sea, with about 700 islands of various sizes floating in the calm sea. It is a luxurious experience that will surely make you feel like the lord who once lived here, having this beautiful view all to yourself.
- Experience an up-close look at Iwakuni's natural treasure, the white snake.
On our tour, you will visit a museum dedicated to the white snake, which has been revered as a "messenger of the gods" in Iwakuni since ancient times, and is designated as a national natural monument. The experience of seeing a white snake, which is said to bring good luck, up close is a unique and precious experience in Iwakuni.