Enjoy exploring Japan’s largest karst limestone plateau! Cycling tour in Akiyoshidai
- Travel 300 million years back in time following the long history of nature’s creation.
- Akiyoshidai is Japan’s largest karst limestone plateau, located in the centre of Yamaguchi Prefecture, and one of the most popular sightseeing spots where you can feel nature. In recent years, it has also become known as a place where athletes from all over the country gather for cycling, trekking, and running. This tour will give you an opportunity to move like the wind on an electric bicycle, on the karst limestone roads in the vast nature landscape of Akiyoshidai! As you pedal along in the breeze, you'll be amazed at the views that stretch out before you. Afterwards, you will have the chance to visit Japan’s largest karst limestone cave, Akiyoshido Cave. Stepping into the cave, you will find a mysterious space, filled with many strange stalactite formations. Here you will be able to lose track of time in the overwhelming nature that seemingly stretches on forever. So, why not work up a sweat in nature, on one of our breathtaking cycling tours?
- You can enjoy cycling in Akiyoshidai, the largest karst limestone plateau in Japan.
This is an authentic cycling course that attracts cyclists from all over the country, and is a great way to experience nature. As you pedal along the karst limestone plateau, you will be entranced by the beautiful contrast of green and white. Our bicycles are also equipped with electric power assist, so that even beginners, or those who prefer a leisurely pace, can enjoy the scenic ride.
- You can explore the mysterious space of Akiyoshido, one of the largest karst limestone caves in Japan.
You will be able to take a walk through a mysterious space with a plethora of strange stalactite formations. The temperature inside the cave is kept at a constant 17°C throughout the year, making it a pleasant environment, no matter the weather or season. Along the 1 kilometer route, your guide will carefully explain the highlights of the uniquely shaped stone pillars and stalagmites.
- Enjoy the famous taste of burdock noodles at this popular restaurant!
After a long cycling journey, you will be able to enjoy a special burdock noodle lunch, made with Akiyoshi’s famous Mito burdock. This dish, which has been awarded first prize in the Yamaguchi Gastronomy Collection, is a culinary gem that can only be enjoyed here.