Morning stroll in Ritsurin Garden & sanuki udon making experience
- Enjoy the two most popular spots in Takamatsu City at once!
- A local guide will take you on a highlight tour of Takamatsu’s most popular sightseeing spots. Enjoy strolling through Ritsurin Garden on a crisp morning and visit a factory that makes sanuki udon—only in Kagawa. Try your hand at making udon noodles and enjoy the taste of freshly made udon with deep-fried tempura.
- I. Take a leisurely stroll through Ritsurin Garden in the early morning while listening to your guide's commentary.
Take a leisurely stroll through Ritsurin Garden, a special place of scenic beauty, while listening to your guide explain about the history of Japanese gardens and esthetic values. Only 24 Japanese gardens in Japan have been designated special places of scenic beauty. Many gardeners have spent long years pruning and directing the growth of plants in the gardens to preserve their beauty as a national treasure.
- II. Enjoy an elegant Japanese-style boat ride and a matcha green tea ceremony!
After strolling around, you can take a break at Kikugetsu-tei Teahouse, a place beloved by feudal lords of the past, and appreciate lovely views of the entire Nanko Pond area while enjoying matcha green tea and sweets. Take a Japanese-style boat ride, and enjoy the elegant scenery of Ritsurin Garden in style from the boat.
- III. After a garden stroll, try your hand at making udon noodles—a specialty of Kagawa, the prefecture of udon!
After strolling around Ritsurin Garden, enjoy the unique experience of making udon in Kagawa, a prefecture renowned for its udon. Here’s your chance to make authentic sanuki udon with the help of an experienced instructor. Enjoy your freshly made udon accompanied by crunchy tempura.