A cultivation sites tour of the world-renowned Japanese bonsai
- Experience pruning a bonsai worth more than 1,000,000 yen!
- Bonsai was introduced into Japan from China. However, over the years, it has become established as one of Japan’s own traditional practices. In recent years, the artistic value is becoming more recognised all around the world. With customers coming from all over the world, Takamatsu City is famously known as Japan’s number one bonsai producer. Here, you can visit the bonsai plantations, learn about the experience of planting, pruning and how to grow them.
- 01.Learn the basics of bonsai from the producers (Bonsai Plantations Tour)
Visit the bonsai plantations where usually only the buyers can enter.
With the workers as your guide, hear about the story of growing bonsai.
- 02.Experience bonsai cultivation yourself (Bonsai Replanting Experience)
See the replanting work that is essential for making the best bonsai, and get involved in what makes bonsai so expensive.
- 03.Learn the art of pruning bonsai (Bonsai Pruning Experience)
Experience the skill and excitement of actually pruning a valuable bonsai (1,000,000 yen or more), an experience what most people can only dream of.