Peace tour with a private Taxi and local guide
- Learn the stories about the atomic bombing not featured in any guidebooks!
- Hiroshima, the first city in history which experienced an atomic bomb, is visited by people from all over the world seeking peace. The typical route for foreign tourists is the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, where you can visit the World Heritage Atomic Bomb Dome and learn of the tragic events of the bombings. However, on this tour you will experience many valuable stories about the atomic bombing and reconstruction that local people remember and value, many of these aren’t part of the standard tourist experience. This tour will take you to spots specially selected by your local guide, travelling off the standard tourist route by private taxi (private fleet).
- 01.Private taxi and local guide tour (Peace history tour)
You will be able to make a prayer for peace with your guide around Kinko Inari Shrine, Shukkeien Garden, Hiroshima Castle and Mitaki Dera Temple. You will hear the valuable stories about the atomic bombing, as well as the revival in the aftermath.
- 02.Prayers of peace and happiness through origami (Paper crane folding experience)
You will learn how to make the paper cranes, a Japanese symbol for peace and happiness. Take your own home as a handcrafted souvenir.
- 03.Anoint the Atomic Bomb Memorial with spring water used in the Peace Memorial Ceremony (Water offering experience)
Make a prayer for peace by anointing one Atomic Bomb Memorial Monument with the spring water from Mitaki Dera temple that is used at the Peace Memorial Ceremony on August 6th, commemorating when the Atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.