- Early morning hiking tour to enjoy spectacular views of Mt. Futaba, then breakfast in Hiroshima with Asageshiki
- Just a 10-minute walk from Hiroshima Station, you will start to hike Mt. Futaba, a primeval sacred forest possessing deep history with the castle town of Hiroshima, together with a local guide in the clear morning air. From the mountain’s summit, take in the splendor of the natural forest and enjoy spectacular views of the Seto Inland Sea and Miyajima. As you overlook the city, before these spectacular views, your guide will tell the story of Hiroshima's recovery and present a tea ceremony and an original Asageshiki Hiroshima-style lunch box. Start your day relaxed in this truly special space, in a way that can only be experienced here.
This tour works with local volunteers to repair mountain trails to improve the safety of visitors, and actively works to conserve the natural environment of Mt. Futaba. Five percent of every tour fee is donated to Mt. Futaba for its sustainable development and regenerative tourism.
- Ⅰ. Admire the majestic, elegant architecture of Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine, which evokes a sense of history
Meet at Hiroshima Station, then proceed toward Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine. At Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine, you will see the splendid, majestic buildings and learn about the history and origins of Hiroshima from your guide.
- Ⅱ. Stroll through the natural wonder of a sacred forest in the crisp early morning air
Part of the appeal of Asageshiki is the mystical appearance of Mt. Futaba in the early morning. The trees shining in the morning sun, the soft whisper of the wind, and the warm scent of the earth. At the Kinko Inari Shrine in the mountains, you will be greeted by 120 brightly colored torii gates Here, you will visit seven gods. Mt. Futaba, where this tour takes place, is home to Japan's largest forest of the endangered Japanese oak Lithocarpus glaber. Step into the forest and find yourself natural surroundings so rich, it’s hard to believe it is so close to the center of Hiroshima. Along the way, there are also forest bathing and yoga activities. Feel refreshed and revitalized in the midst of nature. At the mountain’s summit, we will reflect on the history and origins of Hiroshima, its connection with Miyajima and Hiroshima Castle, and the city’s reconstruction after the atomic bombing.
- Ⅲ. A special breakfast served with spectacular views of the city and the beautiful Seto Inland Sea
We will eat Asageshiki's special breakfast made with local ingredients from Hiroshima while enjoying an outstanding view The ingredients are seasonal and only available in Hiroshima, and the menu changes as the seasons change—spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Both vegetarian and vegan lunch boxes without meat or fish are also available. After breakfast, it's tea time! Your guide will perform nodate (an outdoor tea ceremony) right before you. Enjoy a hot cup of tea in a relaxed atmosphere.