See Japan’s heritage and explore Onomichi’s Secret Island at a leisurely pace!
- Enjoy the charm of a remote island where international artists are active!
- Momoshima in Onomichi city, is a small island with a community of artists aiming to revitalise the rural island through contemporary art. A locally and internationally renowned artist, now resident of the island, serves as the directors of ART BASE MOMOSHIMA, an art centre established in a school that had been closed for 12 years. There are also many attractive accommodations options available on Momoshima, such as an artistically renovated Japanese-style building, or a relaxed stay in an entire villa with a view on the sea.
- 01.Tailored tour at multiple spots (Contemporary Art Tour)
You can experience the creative revitalization movement on the local and remote islands through artistic displays at the once closed junior high school building, the 60 years old movie theater transformed in a piece of art and other artworks displayed around Momoshima.
- 02.Relax in a unique bath with private view (Goemonburo experience)
Enjoy a soak in a 3 tonnes traditional Japanese cast iron bath, called a goemonburo, with a private view overlooking the Seto Inland Sea. After your bath, you can enjoy contemporary art works with delicious sake at the Bar corner.
- 03.Relax on the private beach in front of your accommodation (Marine activity with food & drink)
You are only one second to the sea from your accommodation. Experience marine sports, fishing, barbecues, and sunset dinners at the beach just in front of your accommodation.