Unique boat tour of Miyajima,
home to the World Heritage Itsukushima Shrine site.
- You can experience Miyajima through the eyes of a local guide familiar with the area!
- Miyajima Island, home of the Itsukushima Shrine, is an island with a circumference of about 30km. Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima is a famous World Heritage site, much like the Sydney Opera House, Mont Saint-Michel, or the Statue of Liberty. The shrine is one of the most popular places in Japan among foreign tourists. This tour will take you on a special route that can never be experienced by ordinary travelers. You will approach the island from the sea, avoiding the crowded typical routes used by tourists. The guide know the island well and will provide a once in a life-time tour which any tourists, even those with yachts, cannot experience.
- 01.Experience the historic worship route of the seven ocean shrines of Itsukushima (Nanaura Meguri )
Nanaura meguri is a traditional tour of the seven shrines on the coast of Miyajima. This is a special historic route which has been used since ancient times to practice a ritual to cleanse the mind and body. You will be able to take pictures of the Miyajima’s “floating” shrine gate (torii) at sea. The photos you will have the opportunity to take will surely become a special memento of your visit. This experience is one which no other tourist can experience.
- 02.Relax on a raft floating in the Seto Inland Sea (Cafe on the water)
Enjoy a coffee break on a floating raft that grows the famous Hiroshima Oysters which are rich in minerals that have flowed out of the virgin forests of Miyajima, the island of Gods.
- 03.Eat fresh seasonal regional seafood (Seafood Gourmet)
The owner of an accommodation will use handpicked seafood to prepare Japanese specialties like tempura and sashimi. You can enjoy a campfire or outdoor bath, and relax after the meal.