Tour the magnificent scenery, and the industries created by the Seto Inland Sea. Ehime, Imabari Cycling Tour
- A unique city where Japan's largest band of pirates, Japan's largest shipyard, and a high-quality towel brand were born
- Imabari City is a port town located in the northern part of Ehime Prefecture, in the middle of the Seto Inland Sea, a place that has allowed it to prosper as a strategic point for maritime traffic since ancient times. In the Middle Ages, the city was ruled by a group of pirates with excellent navigation skills, which allowed Imabari to develop industries related to the sea, such as shipbuilding and sea shipping. Imabari is also the starting point of the Shikoku side of the Shimanami Kaido, which has become famous as a cycling route in recent years. On our tour, you will be able to enjoy cycling and sightseeing around the city in a single day, with pedal-assisted bicycles, making it a perfect tour for people from all skill levels.
At the Kirousan Observatory, you can enjoy a spectacular 360° panoramic view from the top of the mountain. At Hashihama Port, you will visit places related to Imabari's maritime history. Here, the sight of huge ships crowding the harbour is breathtaking. At Imabari Castle, one of the three largest “castles on the sea” in Japan, you will be able to trace the history of the city. There are also many other places to visit, such as the high-quality Imabari towel stores, and the world-famous shipyard port.
Why not visit the Setouchi Shimanami Kaido, a place that is gaining more and more attention among the world's travel destinations?
- A cycling tour is a great way to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Seto Inland Sea.
The Shimanami Kaido, connecting Imabari City in Ehime Prefecture to Onomichi City in Hiroshima Prefecture, is a hot spot that has become famous as a cycling route in recent years. Our tour will cover the port town of Imabari, and you will be using pedal-assist bicycles which will allow you to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Seto Inland Sea without any difficulty.
- Enjoy the gorgeous views from the Shimanami Kaido.
The goal of our cycling tour will be the observatory at the top of Mt. Kirou-san. From here, you can enjoy a 360° panoramic view of the Seto Inland Sea, with its blue sea and countless islands, giving it the name of the "Aegean Sea of the East". Take your time and enjoy one of the best views in Japan.
- Experience the manufacturing process of an Imabari towel at a specialty store.
Since the 17th century, cotton cultivation has been a part of Imabari, thanks to its warm climate. This is where the "Imabari Towel" was born; today, the local industry in Imabari boasts the largest production volume in Japan. You will be impressed by these high quality towels with high water absorbency and soft texture!