Cycle the Islands of Dreams: The Yumeshima Kaido
- Be guided around the quiet islands of Kamijima by a New Zealander who visited once and never left.
- Kamijima is a group of islands with no traffic lights, slightly off of the main Shimanami Kaido cycling route. While cycling, you will see quaint town scenes, and narrow alleyways that add to the atmosphere of this local tour. The focus of this tour is on the interactions with the people who live on the island, and learning about life on a quiet Japanese Island. The cycling route is called the Yumeshima Kaido, which literally means “Dream island road”. The route will take you past several panoramic views of the Seto Inland sea, and you will stop at a welcoming homely cafe for a gentle and fresh meal. This is a slow tour, so even those who are not familiar with cycling can still easily join and enjoy the tour.
- 01.Experience local Japan.
Experience the history and culture of rural Japan and the Kamijima islands, stopping and talking to people and witnessing the daily life on the islands.
- 02.Relax at cozy cafes around the Islands.
Lunch will be at one of the comfortable cafes; such as a bagel shop in a 100 years old house, or a farmhouse cafe, or a kindergarten renovated to be a cute book cafe. Option is decided by the day of the tour.
- 03.Shimanami Kaido Guided Tour is also available.
After cycling the islands, if you are interested in cycling along the main Shimanami Kaido cycling route, the guide is also very familiar with the route and spots to stop.